Thursday, September 8, 2016

Quilty 365 Update for August

It's been a while since I checked in but I thought I would post my progress with Quilty 365.

Here are my August blocks on my brand-new design wall.
Linking up to Quilty 365.

I am glad to finally get a design wall up. I used the tutorial at The Quilting Edge. I neglected to use the basting spray as recommended and I now wish I had but overall I am very pleased with it. I was able to use some long narrow scraps of batting which makes me happy. I have a couple more pieces of the foam board that I could use to add to the wall as soon as I accumulate a few more batting scraps.

Here is a the whole design wall as it stands today.
Since the last time I posted, I have also completed a big board ironing station with storage underneath.
Please ignore the messy room. I used some storage cubes that I already had and a partial sheet of plywood that we had in the basement. I enlisted the hubby to cut the plywood to size and to add some narrow boards to the underside to hold it in place on the cubes, then I went to town with some batting, fabric, and a staple gun. I am pleased with the result. My biggest issue is that my kitty has decided it is a great napping spot!

Keep on quilting,


  1. Nice batch of circles! Looks like you raided your red stash bin - I'm doing the same thing this month. So nice for you to have that big ironing surface too.

  2. Good-looking circles AND design board! Mine is ultra low-tech but I'm glad to have it. Can't believe I lived without one for so long.